- Doctor in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Oviedo, 1991.
- Specialist in Vascular Surgery and Angiology, 1996 from the University Hopsital of Santiago.
- Head of the Angiology and Vascular Surgery Section at the Ourense University Hospital Complex.
- President of the Galician Society of Vascular Surgery and Angiology 2009-2011.
- Lilly Award for research into infection in surgery for the work "Estudio de la infección postoperatoria en cirugía vascular con implantación de prótesis".
- I have spent over 20 years specializing in varicose vein surgery by means of the CHIVA technique, in both private and public hospitals in Spain, having carried out over 250 interventions a year in my specialization.
This surgery is required when the valves of the veins in the legs that keep blood circulating towards the heart are damaged or lacking, causing a build-up of blood in those veins leading to pain as a main symptom, along with heaviness and swelling in the legs. Our hospital uses the CHIVA technique, which has excellent results and is carried out using local anesthetic that enables the patient to be discharged a few hours after surgery. A minimum stay in the city of 2 days is recommended.