- Doctor in dentistry from the Alfonso X El Sabio University, 2008.
- Specialist technician in prosthesis from the A Carballeira Institute, 1997.
- 2014 IX Master in Oral Implantology from the University of Sevilla.
- 2012 Expert in Periodontology from the University of Santiago de Compostela.
- 2009 I University Expert in Periodontology, Surgery and Oral Implantology from the University of A Coruña.
- 2012 Basic Oral Implantology from the Calixto García University Hospital, Havana, Cuba.
- 2010 - XI Theoretical-practical course "Una endodoncia simple y eficiente" University of A Coruña.
Dental implants are long-term components that are surgically placed in the maxilla bones, which help to improve a person’s appearance by providing artificial teeth that look good and fulfill all the chewing functions needed, just like natural teeth. They are currently considered to be the best therapeutic option for replacing lost teeth thanks to the perfect osteo-integration that is achieved. The procedure can be carried out in the dentist’s surgery with local anesthetic, which means that no hospital stay is required. A stay in the city of at least two days is recommended.
It is possible that this procedure requires some kind of prior surgery such as lifting the sinus, which will be assessed by the implantologist during consultation.